Secure Palestinians Land & Housing Rights (SPLHR)
Secure Palestinian Land and Housing Rights-SPLHR is an EU-funded Project jointly implemented by Land Research Center-LRC, as lead, and St. Yves Society, General Union of Palestinian Peasants and Agricultural Cooperatives, and Engineers Syndicate-Jerusalem.
The Project responds to the priority needs of Palestinian victims of HLP rights violations resulted by Israel’s Military Measures, rendering them proactively resilient & prepared in terms of legal response and defense mechanisms; it provides technical and legal support to rightsholders/ “victims” of HLP violations to access the Israeli-related systems through the creation of referral systems at governorate level termed as Municipal Information & Legal Aid Desks “MILADs”, and carrying out awareness-raising campaigns on rights and legal aspects.
A SPLHR key outputs/product is Daleel website & mobile application; It is a simplified & user-friendly webpage containing technical & legal guidelines on proper and timely response and defense mechanisms (Technically & Legally) to Israeli Occupation Authorities’ violations against HLP rights within Israeli related curt systems; as well as contacts of referral actors for legal & technical aid and support in HR field.
Also, latest updates on info and procedures related to the page content will be accordingly synchronized to the website to ensure up-to-date data & information.
Additionally, a mobile application as a reflection of the webpage was also developed and is up on phone applications stores to achieve widespread outreach.
Indeed, such initiatives empower Palestinian victims to claim legal rights in a more sustainable manner. Noteworthy, the page & mobile application were designed to allow rightsholders and duty-bearers to easily access & share required information related to violations of HLP rights.
Website and Mobile App
An informative legal support webpage “Daleel” has been developed and launched within the cadre of the SPLHR project activities.
The webpage content includes:
1. About the website (Mobile App) in English for non-Arabic speaker visitors.
2. Definition about the project, website (mobile App), implementing organization (LRC) and project’s partner.
3. Descriptive exhibition of Israeli military measures “orders” against Housing, Land, and Property HLP and legal defense mechanisms.
4. International resolutions and policies in regard to Palestinian rights.
5. Legal reflections on HLP rights in Palestine.
6. Glossary of terms: Definition of related geo-political, legal documents and resolutions terms.
7. All related legal organizations and Municipal Information Legal Aid Desk - (MILAD) contact information.
Website and Mobile App Audience
- Victims of HLP rights violations and those threatened\at risk.
- Project Protection Committees at Project target communities.
- MILAD offices.
- Stakeholders: relevant national and international official; civic bodies & actors focused on HR &IHL.
- Palestinian population.
You can install "Daleel" Mobile App for Android from her.
Project Targeted Areas: Municipalities and Joint Service Councils in Tubas, Jericho (Jordan Valley), Ramallah and Al Birah Governorates.
Project Overall Objective - Impact: To contribute to the resilience, steadfastness and promotion of basic human rights of Palestinians in the West Bank.
Project Specific Objective - Outcome: By 2023, improved access of vulnerable communities in (Tubas, Jericho and Ramallah) to legal assistance essential for defending land and housing rights.
Output 1. Municipal Information & Legal Aid Desks (MILAD) established.
- Formulate / reactivate of 28 Protection Committees (PC).
- Establishment of 33 Municipal Information & Legal Aid Desks (MILAD) members.
- Equip the MILAD offices with electronic tools and furniture to be properly functioning.
- Develop (MILADs) capacities through providing adequate toolkits and their functionality.
Output 2. Capacity of Land and housing Right holders/Human Rights defenders on Israeli legal mechanisms developed.
- Promote awareness of the right holders in the targeted areas on prompt legal response mechanisms.
- Enhance knowledge management of practitioners (MILADs, Engineers and lawyers) in technicalities of house demolitions legal framework.
- Create and activate an interactive informative legal support website.
Output 3. Victims of Israeli violations in land and housing rights financially and technically supported.
- Identify the cases in need of support.
- Provide financial support for 200 cases of house demolitions and/or land confiscation.
- Provide technical support for 400 cases of house demolitions and/ or land confiscation.
Output 4. Palestinian rights to land and housing’ nationally and internationally Advocated.
- Monitor, document and disseminate 400 case studies on Israeli violations of Palestinian housing and land rights.
- Conduct outreach 3 campaigns\events on Palestinians land and housing rights.
- Organize and participate in 6 relevant events including visits, briefings, seminars, conferences etc. For/with International rights defenders about Palestinian rights to land and housing.